Areas of expertise
- Coatings and Polymers
- Polymer Chemistry
- PhD in Chemistry, University of Otago (2009)
- BSc(Hons), University of Otago (2004)
- NZIC member
My PhD work at the University of Otago involved the synthesis and characterisation of derivatives of the chitosan polymer. I then undertook a Post-doctoral fellowship at Victoria University of Wellington, focussing on the biomimetic mineralisation of polymer scaffolds.
- Munro, N. H. & McGrath, K. M. Advances in techniques and technologies for bone implants. Bioinspired, Biomimetic and Nanobiomaterials 4, 26–36 (2015).
- Munro, N. H., Green, D. W. & McGrath, K. M. In situ continuous growth formation of synthetic biominerals. Chemical Communications 49, 3407–3409 (2013).
- Munro, N. H. & McGrath, K. M. Biomimetic approach to forming chitin/aragonite composites. Chemical Communications 48, 4716–4718 (2012).
- Munro, N. H., Green, D. W., Dangerfield, A. & McGrath, K. M. Biomimetic mineralisation of polymeric scaffolds using a combined soaking and Kitano approach. Dalton Transactions 40, 9259–9268 (2011).
- Munro, N. H., Hanton, L. R., Moratti, S. C. & Robinson, B. H. Synthesis and characterisation of chitosan-graft-poly(OEGMA) copolymers prepared by ATRP. Carbohydrate Polymers 77, 496–505 (2009).