Areas of expertise
- Research and development management
- Project management
- Applied physics for sensing
- Biomedical optics
- PhD Biomedical Engineering, University of Auckland, Graduated 2015
- MSc Electronics, University of Otago, Graduated 2002
- BSc Physics, University of Otago, Graduated 1999
- Laser speckle contrast imaging: Theoretical and practical limitations. Briers, D., Duncan D.D., Hirst E., Kirkpatrick S.J., Larsson M., Steenbergen W., Stromberg T., and Thompson O.B., Journal of Biomedical Optics, 2013, Volume 18, Issue 6, (2013).
- Tissue perfusion measurements: Multiple-exposure laser speckle analysis generates laser doppler-like spectra. Thompson, O.B., and Andrews M.K., Journal of Biomedical Optics, 2010, Volume 15, Issue 2, (2010)
- Correction for spatial averaging in laser speckle contrast analysis, Thompson, O., Andrews, M., and Hirst, E., Biomedical Optics Express 2(4), 1021-1029 (2011).
- Laser Speckle Imaging Systems and Methods. O. B. Thompson and M. K. Andrews. US Patent US9226661B2.