Areas of expertise
• Industry 4.0 and Industrial Internet of Things
• Implementation and programming of Industrial Control Systems (PLC)
• Electronics and hardware development
• Electronic production and Printed Circuit Board (PCB) production
• System integration of industrial software and hardware
• Machine refurbishments
• SQL Database Development
• Customer Relationship Management
• Project management
• Programming Languages: C++, C, Python, SQL, Structured Text, Assembler
• Dipl. Ing. (FH) - Engineer for Computer Sciences, University of Applied Sciences, Hamburg, Germany
• Certified Project Manager (PMP)
Ivo started his career in the pre-series production of a big computer company, developed software for SMEs – usually ERP systems for highly specialised companies involving database design and the user front end, developing micro-controller-based hardware and software, and introducing these systems into industry.
Another focus has been work as a system architect, analysing customers’ business processes and developing hardware and software solutions. Ivo has led the R&D department of a medical devices company and managed special projects for a PCB manufacturer.
After moving to New Zealand his focus shifted to industrial control systems, like PLCs, and Industry 4.0 applications.