Fermentation, Bioprocessing and Microbiology
Learn how our fermentation, bioprocessing and microbiology R&D service can add value to your business.
Benefits for your business:
- Accelerate your entry to market and launch your innovative products or processes faster.
- Reduce R&D and manufacturing costs and capture commercial opportunities ahead of the competition.
- Gain insights and find solutions to product defects.
- Gain support with navigating compliance hurdles around biosafety, biosecurity and food safety.
- De-risk your process development and manufacturing operations by working with proven experts.
Are you an ambitious business with an R&D budget that is…
- Already producing healthcare, agritech, food and beverage or animal-care products that use microbiology or fermentation as a key part of the process?
- Looking to launch new microbiological products into emerging markets?
- Experiencing challenges in meeting product specification for your biological product?
If it’s “yes” to any of the above, then our fermentation, bioprocessing and microbiological experts can help you.
Why work with us?
- Fast track your R&D by leveraging our specialist fermentation equipment and our experts in fermentation, bioprocessing and microbiology.
- Work with proven experts. Callaghan Innovation employs world-class scientists and engineers with sector-specific knowledge and experience. We’ve already helped hundreds of Kiwi businesses – of all sizes – to make a big market impact.
- Fast track compliance. Your projects will be developed in our MPI-registered facilities (PC2) with our comprehensive equipment portfolio, including 1-1,000L bioreactors, to grow and process bacteria, yeast and fungi.
- We maintain Environmental Protection Authority approvals, so you don’t have to. We can process genetically modified organisms (GMOs) and other ‘risk goods’, from 1L up to 1,000L.
- We are your one-stop-shop. You can access our equipment and experts to help with all project stages – from process development to prototyping products to manufacturing at scale.
- Our flexible project-based and contracting approach means we can meet your unique business needs.
- After you contact our team, we’ll assess your needs and assign you a point of contact with relevant expertise.
- We’ll then work alongside you to develop a tailored R&D programme to meet your business needs.
- We can provide estimates for our services to help you manage project stages.
- We can even be your project manager and manage subcontractors throughout the project.
To expand an established company’s probiotic supplements range from the animal nutrition market into the human health market.
What we did
BioBrew had a strong reputation in animal nutrition but wanted to enter the human health market. Our biotechnologies team were able to add a layer of technical know-how to BioBrew’s existing knowledge and processing skills, resulting in reduced production time, and increased throughput and yields. We could also offer BioBrew the right cost model: access to experienced scientists with sophisticated laboratory equipment on a contract basis.
The product was launched in 2019!
The resulting product for the human health market, LiveBrew, has opened up a lucrative new product category for BioBrew, with evidence emerging that probiotics can help with a range of chronic human health conditions.